Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 30

Thread: The Debate.

  1. #11
    Inactive Member pvfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2002
    Posts
    8,518
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Debate.

    Personally, I thought McCain looked pitiful. Notice I said looked, his actual points were pretty good but the way he talked was a joke imo. What Obama doesn't understand, ok John you said that 50 times lets move on to something else. Granted I only saw about an hour of this as it was being replayed at like 1:30 in the morning last night, I hope to see it all sometime. Everything I've seen showed that Obama won. I still think McCain is better on foreign affairs but it's like he got to pissed off or something, and he rattled on to long about what Obama was going to do. I had just heard or was about to hear what Obama was going to do, lets go with what your going to do. Personally, I think this is it for McCain, if he didn't dominate a debate on foreign policy he's in big trouble. Can't wait for the debate on the economy, should be a doozy.
    [img]http://www.gifsoup.com/view7/2505516/brandon-phillips-dugout-dance-o.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Debate.

    The first half of the debate last night was on the economy and Obama IMO cleaned up.You are right, Mccain seemed frustrated a lot. Maybe because he was wondering how in the world this new guy is firing right back and winning IMO a debate on foreign policy (which he shouldve won hands down) He just keeps falling apart.

  3. #13
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Debate.

    I havent seen it myself but from what I hear, everytime McCain proposed something on foreign policy, Obama had no choice but to agree with him because he doesnt have the experience to make up his own mind.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  4. #14
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Debate.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I havent seen it myself but from what I hear, everytime McCain proposed something on foreign policy, Obama had no choice but to agree with him because he doesnt have the experience to make up his own mind. </div></div>

    I was waiting for someone to bring something like that up. After Mccain answered the question or tried to Obama would point out what part of it he thought was right and agree with him on it then propose his ideas on it. So it wasnt like what you are trying to make it out to be. It was a million time better approach than Mccains "I am right, you are wrong" on everything last night. He never once looked over at Obama when Obama was speaking directly to him..it was embarrassing. He showed very very poor ideas of leadership last night and the polls showed it.

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Debate.

    Well my point was, Democrats, like yourself, hear what they wanna hear, and Republicans hear what they wanna hear.

    Tell me, if John McCain would have absolutely wiped the floor with Obama, would it have changed your vote? Id wager no.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  6. #16
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Debate.

    No, it wouldnt have. Only because Mccain shouldve have done that with a foreign policy debate in the first place. Which he did not, just furthered my opinion of him as an old, angry, out of touch man.

    It was aimed at the independents and a debate which was supposed to help Mccain. It did pretty much the opposite and he will more than likely continue to fall.

  7. #17
    Inactive Member Gotch's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 27th, 2003
    Posts
    2,592
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Debate.

    As an "as of yet undecided independent voter" I thought they both came off as lying B.S.'ers.
    [img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]

  8. #18
    Inactive Member Shooter's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 13th, 2005
    Posts
    1,087
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Debate.

    Thanks Gotch. My point exactly.

    R13 would vote for Obama if he came out burning a flag and find someway to defend it.
    "The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not." -Thomas Jefferson

  9. #19
    Inactive Member burton2019's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 8th, 2004
    Posts
    7,723
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Debate.

    Who care's who he votes for. That is his right.

  10. #20
    Inactive Member R13's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 25th, 2007
    Posts
    10,269
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: The Debate.

    <div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks Gotch. My point exactly.

    R13 would vote for Obama if he came out burning a flag and find someway to defend it. </div></div>

    How does that have to do with anything you said? I am for Obama because I like his policies and think Mccain is way too much like Bush. Both candidates aim was at independents sitting on the fence, which Obama improved his image among a lot of them. I made up my mind this year to vote Dem, I wasnt born into it. My mother, step father, uncles, aunts, grandpa and grandma on both sides have NEVER voted in their life, not making that up. Even my great granpa who passed away 2 years ago at 82 had never voted. I am not just voting for a Dem, like Ive said I was for Ron Paul from the get go. If my family did vote an over the years, then Id say they vote Dem though..but they havent and most couldnt care less about politics. What I am saying is I havent come from a family of Dems and I have come to my conclusions on my own.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •